This is a ShoutWiki help page, hosted at ShoutWiki Hub. If you want to suggest changes, leave a message on its talk page. If you want to replace this page with a custom help page for your wiki, click the create button above.
One of the great features of a wiki is that all changes — no matter if they're text or media file changes — can be reverted.
Administrators (and other users who have the
rollback right) are able to revert all changes made by the same user with one click. These users have a special "rollback n edits" link in page histories and the list of recent changes.
In addition to this "rollback" feature, all users have an "undo" link in page histories, which allows to revert the most recent revision. Unlike administrator's rollback feature, the undo feature requires you to manually confirm the edit (by scrolling down in the edit view and pressing the "Save page" button).
Reverting text changes
- Note: the exact wording of the links may vary depending on the skin you're using.
- Click on the "History" tab (on the top of the page on the Monobook skin)
- Find out which version to revert to. You can do this either by:
- comparing two revisions by selecting the revisions via the radio buttons and then pressing the "Compare selected revisions" button
- directly viewing a past revision by clicking on its timestamp (i.e. "21:44, 19 June 2012")
- Click on the "edit" link; if you're comparing two revisions, you'll want to click on the leftmost one
- Press the "Save page" button to save the older revision's text
- That's it!
Reverting images and other media files to older versions
- Go to the file's description page (i.e. File:Example.jpg)
- Scroll down to the "File history" section
- Find the version you want to revert to and click the "revert" link on its left side
- All done!